My name is Cindy McCallum, M.Sc., R.SLP, SLP(C), and I have been helping children learn to talk for over 30 years. I provide personalized private speech-language therapy services in the Calgary area, specializing in children of all ages.
I discovered speech-language pathology in high school, and fell in love with it right away! Once I graduated from university with a Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology and commenced working in my field, this very quickly became my lifelong passion!
For me, there is nothing more interesting or more rewarding than helping people improve their communication, an essential aspect of being human. I feel so fortunate to be able to work in a career which I love, and love what I do, every single day.
After university, I married my high school sweetheart, Mark, and we have two amazing daughters, Kathryn and Lauren. Watching our children grow and develop their own communication skills was one of the many joys of raising them. Now that our daughters are grown and we are empty-nesters, I have been pursuing other interests in my spare time, such as skiing, hiking, fitness classes and mountain biking.
I am a fully qualified speech-language pathologist, meeting all national and provincial requirements. My credentials are listed below:
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
- Certified by Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)
- Registered with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA)
- P.R.O.M.P.T. Certified- Level 1
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) Approved Private Provider
- Extensive experience serving children with Preschool Unit Fund (PUF) programming