I have a wide range of clinical experience, with over 12 years in private practice in addition to having worked at Alberta Children’s Hospital, the pediatric program at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital, Cause and Effect Foundation Early Intervention Services, schools, preschools, and day-cares.
- Difficulty producing individual speech sounds
Receptive/Expressive Language Delays
- Difficulty in understanding what others say, or difficulty in expressing one’s thoughts and ideas using words and sentences
- Failure to develop a correct swallowing pattern; resting of the tongue on the teeth causing misalignment of the teeth
- A disorder of the motor planning of speech; a child is unable to figure out the motor plan for sounds even though the child knows what he or she wants to say
Phonological Speech Disorders
- Speech disorder characterized by patterns of error that are no longer age appropriate
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- A developmental disability characterized by difficulties in behavior, social skills and communication development
Developmental Delays and Other Developmental Disorders
- A group of neurological conditions that begin during childhood and may last throughout a person’s life. These conditions may cause impairment in physical, learning, communication, or behavior skills.
- Disruptions in the fluency of speech
- A motor speech disorder caused by weakness of the muscles in the mouth, face, tongue, soft palate, or the respiratory system
Early Literacy Skills
- The knowledge children have about reading and writing before they can actually read and write. Early literacy development begins in infancy and progresses throughout the preschool years. It is essential for learning to read and write once in school.
- Therapy that focuses on helping babies and toddlers with disabilities or developmental delays learn skills that typically develop during the first three years of life.